We deliver general employment advice to both the public and private sectors.
Our areas of expertise range from providing recommendations on all aspects of workplace relations law, to unfair dismissal recommendations and drafting employment agreements.
Cases we’ve worked on include:
- Acting for the Commonwealth Department of Employment, Workplace Relations & Small Business in relation to the preparation of awards in accordance with the Government’s award simplification program.
- Acting for a major provider of carer services including advising on tenders for public and private home care and attendant care services, defending equal opportunity claims, advising on award coverage and other information, advice on traineeship programs, drafting employment agreements, policies and procedures and advising on termination of employment.
- Acting for health services regulatory authorities in disciplinary matters, developing and implementing strategies to monitor and improve performance, defending unfair dismissal and unfair contract claims, and drafting employment contracts.
- Acting for health service industry clients in successfully defending multi-million dollar unfair contract litigation commenced by a service provider, and advising the fund on a range of WR issues including privacy issues, monitoring telephone calls, rights and obligations on outsourcing, OHS issues.
- Acting for a provider of aged care and domiciliary services regarding negotiation of the Social and Community Services Award.
- Acting for a group of employees employed by a foreign quasi-government department to protect their employment conditions, with revenue, international and employment law implications and issues.
- Preparation of individual contracts including Australian Workplace Agreements and providing unfair dismissal advice.