Corporate, banking and projects
We are one of the most prominent international corporate and commercial legal practices. The majority of mergers and acquisitions and other corporate transactions involve real estate, and our corporate support teams are accustomed to working to the deadlines imposed by commercial considerations.
Effective support for such transactions requires a true understanding of the relative importance of the real estate issues to the transaction and an understanding of the client's requirements for the business. We have extensive experience of:
- Acquisition documentation, and the importance and role of property warranties
- Due diligence procedures
- Cross-border issues relating to real property.
In relation to the UK-listed companies, we have a wide knowledge of:
- Stock Exchange requirements for certificates of title and other property reports
- The interaction of surveyors' and lawyers' reports
We can advise clients on all aspects of their corporate real estate strategy. In particular, we can help clients with:
- Conducting a property audit to review their property holdings
- Developing a strategic real estate plan which will free up management time and deliver real value to the shareholders
- Implementing that plan, whether it involves disposals, sale and leasebacks, securitisation or outsourcing.