Head of Italy
Nicolò Juvara is a corporate lawyer based in our Milan office. He is Head of the Italian practice and Head of the Italian Corporate Team. Nicolò specialises in domestic and cross border M&A and joint ventures, real estate, outsourcing and investment funds. His practice also covers advising on regulatory matters involving banks and financial institutions.
Nicolò has particular expertise in the area of insurance and re-insurance and has advised Italian and non-Italian insurers and intermediaries a wide range of corporate and regulatory matters, including outsourcing and services projects. He also has advised on the development of numerous large commercial centres in Italy.
Nicolò is a qualified Italian avvocato, admitted to the Bar of Milan in 1994. He received his law degree from the Università degli Studi di Milano (Italy). He is a native Italian speaker and he is fluent in English.
Selected client work
- advised ACE European Group on a number of corporate and regulatory issues relating to ACE insurance operations in Italy, including the establishment of their Direct Marketing programme through a commercial joint ventures with life insurers and financial institutions.
- advised BNP Assurance on the creation of a group consortium for the supply of a number of support services to BNP Group insurers operating in Italy.
- advised Chartis Insurance on a number of corporate and regulatory matters related to Chartis insurance operations in Italy.
- advised Corio on a number of direct investments in Italy, including on the acquisition and related financing of the largest commercial centre in South Italy.
- advised Daiichi Sankyo on the acquisition of Italian businesses and specific pharmaceutical products from operators in the pharmaceutical industry in Italy.
- advised IVECO, Fiat’s 100 per cent owned global truck manufacturing company, on its joint venture with Barclays Capital for the provision of commercial vehicle financing and leasing solutions to IVECO customers in France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and the UK., in connection with the outsourcing of vehicle financing businesses.
- advised Société Générale on the acquisition of 2S Banca (now SGSS Italia), the securities services business of Unicredit and Pioneer, as well as on the negotiation of a service management agreement for the provision of such services to Unicredit and Pioneer.
- advised Société Générale on the acquisition of the securities services business of Capitalia (now part of Unicredit), as well as on the negotiation of a service management agreement for the provision of such services to Unicredit Group.
Rankings and recognitions
- Legal 500 EMEA 2012 - Corporate and M&A
“Nicolò Juvara is recommended.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2012 - Real estate
“Nicolò Juvara is recommended.”
- PLC Which Lawyer? 2012 and 2011
Nicolò Juvara is “endorsed - recommended” in the areas of Insurance, Investment funds and Corporate/M&A.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2011 - Corporate and M&A
Nicolò Juvara is “recommended.”
Memberships and activities
Nicolò is a member of the tax & legal committee of ASSOSIM, the Italian industry association of investment firms. He is also a member of the Italian division of AIDA, the international association of insurance law.
Nicolò is the co-author of the books “A Practioner’s Guide to Takeovers and Mergers in EU” (City&Financial, 2001, 2005, 2008 ed.) and “A Practioner’s Guide to Private Equity” (City & Financial, 2009 ed.), in respect of the chapters relating to Italy.